I have enjoyed officiating at Marriage Ceremonies and Vow Renewals for couples from all over the world as well as locally.
My greatest joy is working with each couple in a creative and caring way to ensure their marriage ceremony is exactly what they want for their special day. I assure couples that I am not the one getting married……my role is to listen, draft and write ceremonies to their liking and then edit until every word is completely unique and original.
I’m equally happy to work with you if you want to keep it simple and just get legally married. In all cases I personally take you through the process of obtaining your official Bahamian Wedding Licence and Marriage Certificate once the ceremony is completed. Official Bahamian Marriages are legal in all countries. As a justice of the Peace I am also able to provide Affadavits if required.
I like helping people realize their dreams and to assist with creating their dream wedding. Many beautiful beaches await you on any of our Bahama islands. There are many other options here in the Bahamas: churches, tropical gardens, private homes, local historical sites and even weddings at sea. Ask me the questions, I’m ready to answer!
ABOUT DR. ELDON
Dr. Eldon is a Bahamian, an official Marriage Officer & Justice of The Peace.
He performs wedding ceremonies, rehearsals, vow renewals and celebrations on any of the Bahamian islands.
He can assist you with as much or as little as you wish guiding you through the legalities and procedures and accompanying you to get your Marriage License.
He will perform traditional or non-traditional ceremonies and assist you with writing your vows if required. After the ceremony he will obtain the official Marriage Certificate for you.
If there are special circumstances such as a divorced partner, he will help you with the appropriate documentation and affidavits.
He can also recommend professional, reliable wedding planners, photographers, musicians, florists and caterers.
See separate tab “Legal Requirements” for detailed information and government fees – payable to the government of The Bahamas directly.
Marriage Officiation fees are separate.
Mandatory Government Fees:
Payable to government on application.
- Marriage License $100.00
- Marriage Certificate $20.00
Dr. Eldon’s Fees: are on a sliding scale and include telephone, email or in-person consultation.
- Fees are adjusted depending on the amount of services required from simple service only; to escorting to Registrar for licence application and pick up; whether a rehearsal is to be included; to any other custom-tailored requirements.
- If the ceremony is to take place on an island other than New Providence (Nassau) additional fees and expenses may be required.
- The fee is decided upon after the initial consultation.
- Marriages performed in The Bahamas are legal in all countries.
- Requires both parties applying for the licence be in the country 24 hours prior to the application.
- If the applicants are coming to The Bahamas on a cruise ship, they must be in Bahamian waters 24 hours prior to application for a licence.
- Both applicants must present themselves at the Registry Office to apply for the licence.
- If one or both of the applicants has been divorced the original divorce decree with raised seal must be presented to the Registrar when applying for the licence.
- For single non-Bahamians who have never been married an Affidavit stating such must be produced.
- Ceremonies can be performed on the same day as receipt of licence.
- Ceremonies must be performed before Official Sunset time.